I've just completed a long overdue update for bug fixes, various minor issues and one game breaking bug which has baffled me for the past 6 months.
- New super secret level added to EdSpace Zone 1
- Fixed gap in geometry in EdSpace Zone 1 level 3
- Fixed background tiles bieing invisible in a few EdSpace Zone 1 levels
- Fixed an issue with the main menu potentially crashing if you don't have a pre-existing saved game
- Ed's blinking sprite's shading is now consistent with the idle sprites
- Removed level select from menu
- Added "connect" menu option so you can visit my website, itch io page, discord from the main menu
- Added super secret easter egg to EdSpace Zone 1 which probably nobody will ever work out how to get to
- Updated Ochre Hill time trial developer time so it's actually possible now
- Various arbitrary dialogue changes
- Various arbitrary level changes
- Fixed weirdness and game crashes associated with birds carrying things then dying/killing the things they're carrying
- Bee boss music doesn't loop weirdly anymore - it doesn't loop at all though because it's not loopable
- Fixed Dr Death's jumping animation (yes it's seriously been broken the entire lifespan of this game)
- Spawn point when you enter Dr Death's office after facing the death gauntlet is fixed, so you're no longer forced to return to the death gauntlet
- Fixed some tiles in the Gauntlet Escape room
- Fixed bug where Ed dies if he crouches and then jump in a confined space
- Music doesn't keep playing during pause screen on rhythm levels/time trials
- Ochre Hill Laser Disc challenge is a little easier and more consistent now
- Change a bunch of tiles in EdSpace Zone 2 because they weren't the correct tiles
- Save file dates now have a leading zero for months and days that are lower than 10 (i.e. it will show 2021/06/12 instead of 2012/6/12)
Transferring save data
The save data has a new location, so if you're trying to transfer over old data here's how. The format of data has not changed so the process should be seamless.
Firstly, open the game - this will create the new save file location.
Windows - You must first enable viewing hidden files, or you will not be able to see AppData
Navigate to local disc -> Users -> [your username] -> AppData -> Local
There should be a folder called Other_Minds_new. Copy all the files in that folder. Now go back to Local, find a folder called Other_Minds_2_3 and paste the files there. Overwrite the files if prompted.
Linux - Enable viewing hidden files (ctrl+H). Navigate to your home folder -> .config
There should be a folder called Other_Minds_new. Copy all the files from that folder. Navigate back to .config, find a folder called Other_Minds_2_3 and paste the files in there. Overwrite the files if prompted
Drop a comment below if you need help