Really loved the concept of this game! Had a lot of fun with it :)
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
About the Game
Other Minds is a pixel art style game where you play as Ed and Sage. Ed is your human who you can use for your standard platforming action, whereas Sage can fly around freely and take control of any other character.
You will take advantage of the other character’s abilities to solve puzzles, beat levels and uncover the nefarious plot of Dr Death. Ed and Sage must save the world because everybody else is too busy standing around thinking about things.
- 4 hours+ of classic platforming action with puzzles, collectibles and tough bosses
- Use Sage, a floating green consciousness, to possess and take control of basically anything that moves
- Loads of secrets and collectibles which are used to unlock time trials and rhythm levels
- Mostly made by one person
- Stuck on something? Check out my 100% longplay/walkthrough of the game!
- Includes a 38-track soundtrack by a variety of artists!
- Source code is packaged as a .yyz file and made with version 188.8.131.528 of Gamemaker Studio 2
- Open GMS2 and choose "Import" to load the project
|Made with||Logic Pro, Aseprite, GameMaker: Studio|
|Tags||2D, chiptune, GameMaker, Metroidvania, Open Source, Pixel Art, Puzzle-Platformer, Singleplayer, sourcecode|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any)|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Soundtrack added, new trailerAug 08, 2021
- Demo version and super minor bug fixes!Jun 26, 2021
- Patch notes for v210701 and other newsJun 12, 2021
- Recommended update - Difficulty adjustments and some QoL stuffDec 14, 2020
- Difficulty AdjustmentsDec 06, 2020
- Other Minds, now with one less game crash!Dec 01, 2020
- Other Minds Beta ReleaseNov 30, 2020
- Release news!Nov 26, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Your Linux package is missing the 'assets/attract*.txt' files so the game doesn't launch.
But they (or some of them?) are in the Linux demo package and by copying them into the assets folder I can play (at least the start of) the game.
Hope this helps somebody.
Will not stop until I beat all the LaserDisc dev best times
Then I should probably tell you now: I'm not sure the second one is possible, the initial conditions of the level changed at some point and everything might not line up well enough to beat it. And it was stupid hard to get a good time on in the first place!
Loading up Other Minds.... NOW!
Epic update released today! So much added content. A great game if you are into solid 2d platformers. Controls feel smooth and full controller support is great!
the hype is real!
Awesome work! Keep it up!
This is a great old school platformer! :D. Really dig the art, the concept is really cool - I'm intrigued to see what other creatures there are to control in the future! I had fun giving it a try, looking forward to the full release!
Here's a little intro let's play. But to anyone interested, just download it and give it a whirl! :D
This game is down right amaizing! This game deserves so much more. Here is my review of it.
1. The controls. Everything feels so smooth and percise, it is probably one of the best platformer controls that I have ever played. It feels so nice to jump on enemies, and is down right very nice to play.
2. The mechanics. Mechanicaly everything just fits into place. The signs that were used to change the directions of platforms though very simple, felt very nice to use. I also love how you can take control of enemies, it feels great to do so. Then you can use the same mechanic that controls the enemies to explore the map, and see what you are dealing with. I found this awesome! The same mechanics were used for many different uses which is great!
3. The tutorial. Their was no tutorial, sure their was the controls, but this was far from the tutorial. The game teaches you how to play by playing the game. It's wonderful, the players figure out automatically how to play the game either than boring text. The game was super intutive and easy to figure out. The mechanics are slowly interduced in the game, and it really helps when learning the game. The mechanics are also twisted in many different ways so you can learn how to do multiple different things with one mechanic.
4. Sounds and Music. The sounds and music in this game are great! They fit the game so well. Love hearing all of the little sounds, the music was awesome everything just blends its self together so well.
5. Conclusion. This game is amazing, it deserves every download it gets plus more. It is crafted in such a way that is genous, and feels so nice to play. I love how this game works, and I love everything about it. I recommend this game to everyone, if you haven't played it yet, give it a try. Help out this amazing developer.
Thank you so much for this in depth reply and how complimentary you were about the game! I'm really happy to hear you enjoyed it, its a bit hard to get over the ol' imposter syndrome and reading things like this helps a lot.
In particular I'm glad you liked the lack of tutorial, I think I'd just got done playing Epic Mickey which tutorialised everything and I was so sick of it I decided to try make the game in a way that the player worked out what to do for themselves.
Thanks again! Glad you enjoyed it!
Loving it, Edward! Recommend this to everyone!
Smashed it, can't recommend this game enough!
Awesome game! Congrats on the Demo Release - HYPE!